Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Globe Table Modelling

So far I've pretty much finished all of the structural elements to the environment so I want to move onto the much more bigger and complex assets.

The one I've been eagerly awaiting to do is the Globe Table.

I started by gathering a load of research but also looking at a very similar one that made it into the final game, however the quality difference is astounding between the concept and the final in-game asset.

I couldn't find an exact reference to the table so instead I looked into how one would actually be constructed.
This is the in-game asset
I was looking for around a maximum of 2,500 tris for this asset, I know it's a lot but I wanted a lot of detail in that center globe, so far it's just over 2,000 without some major optimization.

This asset was a lot of fun to work on and I now intend on adding in some high-poly detail
The current look of the environment 


No comments:

Post a Comment