Currently this week has been fairly slow, this is due to it being my birthday so I kind of knew I wasn't going to make loads of progress.
Saying this I changed my plan to only work on a few tweaks and small assets for this week. I've also worked out that if I can create 4 assets a week I should be able to populate the environment as much as I want.
 |
First of all is the textures for the map table, these again were fairly simple as I already have most of these material presets saved and modified from other assets.
I do however want to work on the map itself a little, I'd like to add some extra colour, some oranges/yellows and add in an alpha map to add some slight transparency and frayed edges.
|
 |
These are some of the smaller assets I worked on, a variety of crates and bottles to place around the environment.
These actually all use pretty much the same mesh, I then just created a variety of different diffuse textures. These include different colours but of course include some bottles with dust on top and some with dirt and grime. These actually turned out quite nice and it's little assets like these that will help tell the story of the environment.
|
 |
Current update as of 29/01/15
As you can see here the environment is really starting to take shape. I tweaked the lighting and post-processing slightly to get some nice effects but also just started blocking in some trees.
For the trees I'll be using Speedtree, I've used this previously and found it to be really easy. However as it has been a little while I am slightly rusty and can't seem to get the trees to be affected by wind but I'll take a quick look on Youtube to remind myself.
This then allows there to be a slight bit of movement to the environment but adds in some nice dynamic shadows.. |
No comments:
Post a Comment