I also brought this into UE4 to match up the scale next to a first person character. The game itself is 3rd person however I was looking at it from a 6ft character height and also the view of the camera which I would use to generate my screenshots.
I did however encounter one issue, this was to do with the units in Max. In UE4 the unit size is now 1 unit = 1cm therefore I changed my units in 3DS Max to reflect this.
However I didn't realise I also needed to re-change these settings in the .FBX export box as for some reason this doesn't reflect the unit setting you have set up in Max.
Therefore I ended up with a tiny environment into UE4 but after re-exporting and changing the units inside the FBX it was all fixed.
![]() |
| First test of the blockout |
![]() |
| Added in the supporting beams and other structural elements |


No comments:
Post a Comment