I've also been doing a lot of research as well into the different types of wood and materials that would typically be used.
I found a set of around 5 different types of wood that we're common on Pirate ships and also wood that would have been looted from others.
In the original concept art the concept artists notes that they took a lot of inspiration from pirate ship captain's quarters for the look and feel but also the materials.
This is the list I've gathered so far:
Oak (Structural)Walnut (Spanish)
Teak
Beech Mahogany
Cypress
Yellow Pine
Teak
Beech Mahogany
Cypress
Yellow Pine
I've also been looking into cartography for the maps used throughout the hideout. I've found a couple of nice examples from the 1650s - 1720's. I did notice however that usually there would be mistakes such as listing California as an island so I've tired to find examples of these as well.
Finally on the environment itself I lowered down the ceiling to make the feel of the environment a little more claustrophobic as well as modelling new windows and adding in a basic lighting set-up.
![]() |
| I created a basic glass shader then used a mask to create some dirt, this is a little extreme here just to show it off. |
![]() |
| The low-poly windows next to the high, I'm still aiming for fairly high polycounts but I want most objects to have a highpoly as well. |
![]() |
| Again some more window modelling, these both use the same texture map. |
![]() |
| The current state of the environment, going to add in some textures and more assets this week. |






No comments:
Post a Comment