Monday, 9 February 2015

Quick selection of screenshots

The main view of the scene, I updated the carpet a lot more to get it to the finalised product.

I ended up overlaying two meshes in order to get that worn look. I also adjusted the colour palette so it didn't stick out too much. I finally then really bumped up the normal map to give it a slightly more rough material look. (I'll do a more in-depth post on this later)

I also updated the tress outside to not make the so saturated but also included some wind which you'll be able to see in the video at the end.
A view of the right hand side wall. As you can see the fireplace still need finishing but that's not too big of a task. I also just want to fill up this area even more with smaller assets, that's a much larger task but I'm confident that I have enough time for it.

I also created and finished the chalice, a much needed asset that can be used throughout the environment, I'd really like to finish the fireplace and then move onto the chandler next.

One of my favourite views from the environment, this is the main window view with the map table. I've now pretty much finished the outside part of the level with trees from SpeedTree and a couple assets from an example map (The only area to feature work that isn't mine)

You can also spot a couple of Assassin's Creed Easter Eggs here as well.
My favourite asset to date, the pirate ship wheel. This was created in half a day (a little longer than I planned but I really wanted to get all of that detail in there)

The one thing I do want to improve is the faceted edges on the outer ring of the wheel.
A couple of other nice assets I've created. The candle was the first time I've used Topogun for retopology and the other is my take on a naval ornament with a big Assassin's Creed twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment